[GRASS-user] Problem in query vector maps

Marcello Benigno benigno.marcello at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 02:33:10 PST 2013

I'm using GRASS 6.4.2 on Ubuntu 12.10 and I have one location where I use
PostgreSQL 9.1.8 database (UTF-8), for some reason all vector layers are
not queryable, when I click in the layer features this message error
appears:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/grass64/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/mapdisp_wi
ndow.py", line 1017, in MouseActions
self.OnLeftUp(event)
  File "/usr/lib/grass64/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/mapdisp_wi
ndow.py", line 1207, in OnLeftUp
self.parent.QueryVector(self.mouse['begin'][0],
self.mouse['begin'][1])
  File
"/usr/lib/grass64/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/mapdisp.py", line
1383, in QueryVector
action = mode)
  File
"/usr/lib/grass64/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/dbm_dialogs.py",
line 102, in __init__
self.UpdateDialog(query = query, cats = cats)
  File
"/usr/lib/grass64/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/dbm_dialogs.py",
line 362, in UpdateDialog
query[1])
  File
"/usr/lib/grass64/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/dbm_base.py",
line 109, in SelectByPoint
if self.tables[table][key]['ctype'] != types.StringType:
KeyError
:
'Category'

In other locations where I do not use PostgreSQL the problem does not
appear. This problem may relate to the fact that there are other PostGIS
tables in the database that are not used by GRASS?

Thanks in advance
--
*Marcello Benigno B. de Barros Filho*
Prof. do Curso Superior de Tecnologia em Geoprocessamento - IFPB