[GRASS-user] v.select query and GEOS error?

charlie carowan at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 21:08:22 PST 2013

I attempted to create
a v.select query using the “touch” option, which requires GEOS,  and kept  getting an error code stating that the only “supported
operation is the overlap feature.”.   the package manager states that libgeos 3.3.3 is installed,
so I’m perplexed. Is there anything im missing? I'm running Ubuntu Lucid with the Ubuntu GIS PPA enabled.
Also, considering
that the “overlap” query I ran without GEOS took 24 hours on my dated laptop, approximately how
long would the query using the GEOS “touches” option take?
Thanks in advance for any advice.