[GRASS-user] Apply "v.transform" in polygons with overlays

José María Michia Roberts jose.maria.michia at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:51:03 PST 2013

Hi all!

I need to use "v.transform" over layers that are  "topologically
incorrect" (so they have overlapped polygons, and it is not a
problem). Of course, many elements disappear after importing the
layer, and more elements disappear after applying "v.transform".

To solve this, I wrote a python script "very" configurable, that
"import/transform/export" the elements one-on-one , from/to a
non-topological data source.

Problem: I am not satisfied with the performance. The datasource has
hundreds of thousands of elements and the process takes many hours to
complete.

Question: is there a better approach to solve the overlapped polygons
processing?

Note that I have to keep overlapping polygons.

Thanks in advance!
José