[GRASS-user] grass prompt default working directory

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Tue Feb 26 12:53:11 PST 2013

Nikos wrote:
> > if I understand Vincent's need(s), and if they coincide with
> > mine, I think it's about checking map names, colr rules, maybe
> > check the subgroups which is not easy via the "g.list
> > type=group" nor the "i.group group=yourGroup -l"
> > commands, etc.

Hamish:
> fwiw, g.findfile might be useful for that (mostly for use by
> scripts).

That to be honest, I use(d) that rarely.

..
> > (here only a few -- imagine hundreds).  Why do I need
> > to g.list first, mark-copy-paste (via the middle mouse-button
> > or Ctrl + Shift + C and +V respectively in the keyboard)?

> g.mlist? :)

Yes, very frequently, every day actually.  In one-liners and scripts -- can't
live without it.

..
>> Luckily, the history functions of bash are very handy (e.g. Ctrl + R and
>> more).

> re. "and more", fwiw, I find adding this to ~/.inputrc is much
> nicer to use than ^r,

So cool!! -- ...hey, that's not fair :-/

Will test it for some time to see if it fits to my habits :-p

> # -------- Bind page up/down wih history search ---------
> "\e[5~": history-search-backward
> "\e[6~": history-search-forward
>
> type the first few letters, then PgUp to see earlier matches..

I guess this replicates the continuous "Ctrl + R" functionality.

> hoping the recent work on command line completion continues, :)

Happy cli user here :-).  Recent additions in the wxGUI are, however, very
nice and necessary.

Thanks, Nikos