[GRASS-user] grass prompt default working directory

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 12:30:15 PST 2013

Nikos wrote:
> if I understand Vincent's need(s), and if they coincide with
> mine, I think it's about checking map names, colr rules, maybe
> check the subgroups which is not easy via the "g.list
> type=group" nor the "i.group group=yourGroup -l"
> commands, etc.

fwiw, g.findfile might be useful for that (mostly for use by
scripts).

> It is not about manipulating files in the GRASS db.
> Imagine, that I just want to
>
> d.rast some map among the
>
> cm_fmap_2006_ellas
> cm_fmap_2006_ellas_forested_areas
> cm_fmap_2006_tile_51
> cm_fmap_2006_tile_52
> cm_ftype_2006_tile_51
> cm_ftype_2006_tile_52
>
> (here only a few -- imagine hundreds).  Why do I need
> to g.list first, mark-copy-paste (via the middle mouse-button
> or Ctrl + Shift + C and +V respectively in the keyboard)?

g.mlist? :)

> I simply want quick access and the awesome autocompletion
> feature to all of my map(name)s and don't need to re-type the
> complete name.  Luckily, the history functions of bash
> are very handy (e.g. Ctrl + R and more).

re. "and more", fwiw, I find adding this to ~/.inputrc is much
nicer to use than ^r,

# -------- Bind page up/down wih history search ---------
"\e[5~": history-search-backward
"\e[6~": history-search-forward

type the first few letters, then PgUp to see earlier matches..

hoping the recent work on command line completion continues, :)
Hamish