[GRASS-user] Fwd: problems running grass7 on Ubuntu 12.04

Chad Ferguson terrafergus at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:59:45 PST 2013

I am trying to run GRASS 7 on Ubuntu 12.04.  I am new to both GRASS and
Ubuntu.  I believe I have it installed, but can't get version 7 to run.
When I search my Ubuntu Software Center it shows grass70 as installed.  In
a terminal when I type 'grass' I am prompted to run v. 6.4.3.  When I type
grass70 I receive the following message.

/usr/bin/grass70: 25: exec: /usr/lib/grass70/etc/Init.sh: not found

I need to run GRASS 7 as I am trying to investigate the functionality of an
add-on that is specific to this version.

Certainly I have missed something along the way.  Can anyone help get me on
track?  Thanks.

Chad