[GRASS-user] grass prompt default working directory

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Feb 27 00:24:12 PST 2013

Vaclav Petras wrote:
> Nikos, I have some related wiki-notes.

Thanks ;-).  Will try to take care of that next week.  I wonder if we need
just another wikipage to keep notes of stuff that are wanted in the wiki?!

- Special pages are useful for maintenance
- extra User-scratched page will notes on stuff to be added?

> 1) Maybe, it is not an easy task but I would prefer to have two pages,
> one for "Writing Shell scripts" and one for "Using GRASS from Shell".
> Now both is mixed in "GRASS and Shell" which, however, can be still
> there to contain common things. What do you think?

Fully agree.

> 2) Probably, we need a template "Main article: XXX". ...considering
> the article "Working with GRASS without starting it explicitly" which
> should be referenced also from "GRASS and Shell". (I added the link in
> semi-wikipedia style, so you can see, if you like the style. The usage
> of template on Wikipedia looks like this "{{main|Anonymous
> function#C++}}".)
>
> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_and_Shell#Automated_batch_jobs:_Settin
> g_the_GRASS_environmental_variables

Cool!  I like it -- it'll make things easier.

BTW -- are you folks interested in having a template to display "keys" and
"key combinations" (something like, or exactly the "key press" template in
Wikipedia)?

It will help (me and hopefully all) a lot.

Best, Nikos