[GRASS-user] grass prompt default working directory

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 01:55:21 PST 2013

On 27 February 2013 10:02, Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
>> Vaclav Petras wrote:
> ..
>> > 2) Probably, we need a template "Main article: XXX". ...considering
>> > the article "Working with GRASS without starting it explicitly" which
>> > should be referenced also from "GRASS and Shell". (I added the link in
>> > semi-wikipedia style, so you can see, if you like the style. The usage
>> > of template on Wikipedia looks like this "{{main|Anonymous
>> > function#C++}}".)
>
>> > http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_and_Shell#Automated_batch_jobs:_Sett
>> > in g_the_GRASS_environmental_variables
>
> And, maybe it's not that easy, but what do you think of a bi-directional
> behaviour?
>
> The template, not only should add a reference to the main article/page, it
> should also add automatically a link in the main page itself, something alike
> a mini Table of sub-articles?  This might mix things with the "See also" user-
> scratched sections!
>
> What do you think?  Possible?  Will re-search next-week.
>
> Of course, there is the "What links here" function (standard menu on the
> left).  Maybe just stay on this and use it, and simply try to make it more
> obvious -- it's something that does not catch my eye!

Yes, even if this "bi-directional behaviour" sounds strange our wiki
needs some more (inter-)links. From my POV, there can be "See also"
and "What links here" sections. (I would ignore the possible
duplication of links if it is caused by a system. Writing something
twice would be bad, this not.)

(Speaking about wiki, exploring and criticizing of the proposed CSS is
is still on my todo list.)