[GRASS-user] problems running grass7 on Ubuntu 12.04

Chad Ferguson terrafergus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:33:05 PST 2013

I initially installed grass using the ppa, although I mistakenly used the
unstable ppa (as opposed to testing) so my first GRASS install was 6.x.
Upon noticing my error, I added the testing ppa and then had GRASS 6.x and
7.  I removed both from my system, as per Nikos suggestion, and reinstalled
using the apt-get update.

currently, this is what is returned in the terminal:

chad at chad-Satellite-S855:~$ grass70
/usr/bin/grass70: 25: exec: /usr/lib/grass70/etc/Init.sh: not found

thanks for the help