[GRASS-user] problems running grass7 on Ubuntu 12.04

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:07:18 PST 2013

Hi,

2013/2/27 Chad Ferguson <terrafergus at gmail.com>:
> I did as you suggested.  Uninstalled, added the ppa and reinstalled but
> unfortunately I am receiving the same error--
>
>  /usr/lib/grass70/etc/Init.sh: No such file or directory

huh, seems like that the package you installed is badly broken. GRASS
7 uses python script for initialization, not the shell script as GRASS
6. This is probably due the fact that the maintainer didn't used
debian rules when building the package. Before providing such packages
it should be fixed.

Martin