[GRASS-user] problems running grass7 on Ubuntu 12.04

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Feb 27 09:57:13 PST 2013

Chad Ferguson wrote:
> I did as you suggested.  Uninstalled, added the ppa and reinstalled but
> unfortunately I am receiving the same error--

>  /usr/lib/grass70/etc/Init.sh: No such file or directory

Strange!  What does

which grass70

return (in a terminal)?

> It seems as though I am missing some sort of shell script, the Init.sh??  I
> can see the directory.

As far as my poor understanding goes, I think there is no shell initialisation
script for grass 7.  (Right?).  Something must have been mixed up in your box.

How did you, however, initially try to install grass70?

> Very frustrating.

It must be -- I can understand :-/.  Hang-on, you'll get it :-)

Best, Nikos