[GRASS-user] Reclassification RASTER

Brian Sanjeewa Rupasinghe jinkabs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 07:10:13 PST 2013

Hi,

I create each viewshed raster map for every observer location with flag (b)
which denotes 0-non-visible and 1-visible values.
Then i add all viewshed rasters to get integrated raster. So my integrated
raster contains values >=1. In the raster, all values
> 1 represents visible area. Therefore, i need to reclassify the image by
setting all values > 1 to 1. If i use the following Python
code to have output Name: MASK, is it ok?  (out = integraed_raster)

grass.mapcalc("MASK=if(($ReclassiName > 1),1,1)",
                     ReclassiName = out)