[GRASS-user] Raster DEM generation

Brian Sanjeewa Rupasinghe jinkabs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 01:21:47 PST 2013

Hi Maris,

Many thanks for the advice. Further, i am going to use r.surf.contour to
generate a raster elevation DEM for viewshed analysis. The grass vector
contour layer that i have needs to be converted to raster contour. For this
i tried using v.to.rast function. Elevation field of contour layer is;
EL_Elevati which is a double precision data type. Following are the
parameters i used:

v.to.rast input = terrain at topo1K type = line output = rasterCont use=attr
attrcolumn = EL_Elevati labelcolumn = cat

However, when i run this it gives following error:

dbmi: protocol error
ERROR: Column <EL_Elevati> not found

Any suggestion on this is appreciated.

Cheers, Brian.