[GRASS-user] Interpolation with v.surf.rst

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 01:54:24 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Brian Sanjeewa Rupasinghe
<jinkabs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have 2D isolines in GRASS vector format with elevation in an attribute
> field called height.
> I used v.surf.rst function to create raster DEM. However, after creation, it
> outputs a DEM
> with value 0 elevation only. The description of the function is given as
> below. What would
> be the possible cause for this? I am using wingrass 7.
>
> cheers, Brian.
>
> v.surf.rst -z input=isoline at TOPOIKDATA zcolumn=height elev=elev_1m

If you want to use elevation values from zcolumn, you should not use
the -z flag. Try instead
v.surf.rst input=isoline at TOPOIKDATA zcolumn=height elev=elev_1m

Also make sure that the computational region extents and resolution
are set correctly.

HTH,

Markus M