[GRASS-user] Upon improving the GRASS-wiki

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Jan 16 12:31:49 PST 2013

Vaclav:

> >> Moreover, there is no GRASS (GIS) text in pages now, except for the
> >> title. http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:NikosA#GRASS-GIS_logo

N:

> > I am not sure I understand what you mean here, but, for what is worth:...

V:

> I just meant that there is no GRASS (GIS) in the (every) wiki page
> itself, only in the title (HTML title tag). This supports my opinion
> that "GRASS (GIS)" text should be part of the GRASS-GIS-wiki logo.

Right.

V:
..
> However, for the wiki we (or at least I) use just "GRASS Wiki" not
> "GRASS GIS Wiki". Please, try to put both into the wiki logo, to
> compare all versions also graphicaly.

For the logo I think it will be too much to use "GRASS GIS Wiki". GRASS Wiki
sounds good and visually not overloaded -- I'll try to prepare it.

As always, all these are simply ideas. I am not trying to force anything.
However, I'd like to be able to play with custom css -- at least for my own
space.  So, a gentle repetition:

can anyone give me a hint how I can access the stuff I've mentioned in previous
posts of mine (I know Martin is very busy)?

- I really can _NOT_ trace the current GRASS Wiki logo (file used in the upper
left corner in the Wiki) :-(.  Not even at
<http://grass.osgeo.org/download/logos/>  nor at
<http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/grass-
wiki/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&profile=images&search=logo&fulltext=Search>.
Where is it?

- can I have access to GRASS-Wiki's css stylesheet(s)? -- it's only for
demonstration purposes -- I will never, ever, change things without permission
from the admins/the community.

- or better, is the "$wgAllowUserCss" enabled? Can someone enabled it? See
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgAllowUserCss>.

Thanks, Nikos