[GRASS-user] Add-on installation v.strahler not working properly on Mac OS X (or Windows XP)

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 07:27:39 PST 2013

Hi Ralf,

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Ralf Schäfer <senator at ecotoxicology.de>wrote:

> Hi Markus,
>
> thanks for your help!
>
> I re-installed v.strahler. Works fine but still no satisfactory result. I
> assume dependend packages are missing.
> I assume that I have to reinstall v.mainchannel, r.strahler and r.broscoe
> as well? Did find v.mainchannel but not the raster packages, when I checked:
> svn list  https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass6/raster/

v.mainchannel is in the vector subfolder:
https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass6/vector/v.mainchannel/

<https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass6/vector/v.mainchannel/>HTH,

madi

> Or is there no need for independent install of the packages that were
> previously in the v.strahler folder?
>
> Best regards
> Ralf
>

> Am 26.01.2013 um 18:28 schrieb Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:
>
> > HI Ralf,
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Ralf Schäfer <senator at ecotoxicology.de>
> wrote:
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> I tried to install v.strahler and the included other scripts
> (v.mainchannel, r.broscoe, r.strahler) on a Mac OS X 10.8 with GRASS GIS
> 6.4.2 (from kyngchaos) and eventually succeeded, but the following errors
> were shown  during the compilation of v.strahler:
> >
> > I have completely (hopefully) demessified the structure of v.strahler and
> > related tools. They are installed separately now which hopefully helps
> > (subdirectories are not well supported in g.extension of GRASS 6).
> >
> > Please try again!
> >
> > Markus

Margherita DI LEO
Postdoctoral Researcher

European Commission - DG JRC
Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES). Unit H03 – FRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.