[GRASS-user] Add-on installation v.strahler not working properly on Mac OS X (or Windows XP)

Ralf Schäfer senator at ecotoxicology.de
Sun Jan 27 09:21:35 PST 2013

Hi Madi

thanks - my post was perhaps a bit confusing. I found v.mainchannel - but not r.broscoe and r.strahler (and I checked for them in raster - but realized they are as well in the vector folder).

However, I now managed to compile all addons v.strahler, v.mainchannel, r.broscoe and r.strahler and still get no reasonable results when processing a stream network (I attach a screenshot). I am using vector (stream network) and raster (DEM) maps for which I previously obtained good results - thus something must be wrong with the installation or something changed with the algorithm, as I can`t reproduce my old maps.

During installation of r.broscoe, r.strahler and v.mainchannel I get the following alerts:
/Users/ralfs/Library/GRASS/6.4/modbuild//dist.i386-apple-darwin10.7.0/scripts/v.mainchannel: line 72: exec: g.parser: not found
/bin/sh: g.parser: command not found
/bin/sh: ../../locale/scriptstrings/v.mainchannel_to_translate.c: No such file or directory

But since the addons seem to work, this is may be not the problem.

Best regards
Ralf