[GRASS-user] error: accumulation map does not match with elevation map!

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 00:26:01 PST 2013

Hi,

r.thin fails, most likely because there's nothing to thin. It is supposed
to thin the stream network extracted by r.stream.extract, please take a
look at the map produced. Most likely it will be empty, because the
coordinates of the outlet don't match to the stream.

HTH
madi

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Giuliano Urgeghe <giuliano.u at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think I have solved the error accumulation map does not match with the
> elevation map installing 6.4.3
> but now I get this error:
> Tue Jan 29 08:32:15 2013)
> r.basin map=dem at PERMANENT prefix=LuLitarroni61 easting=1509351.753173
> northing=4553749.816433 threshold=100
> SECTION 1a (of 4): Initiating Memory.
> SECTION 1b (of 4): Determining Offmap Flow.
> SECTION 2: A * Search.
> SECTION 3: Accumulating Surface Flow with SFD.
> SECTION 4: Closing Maps.
> WARNING: Writing out only positive flow accumulation values.
> WARNING: Cells with a likely underestimate for flow accumulation can no
> longer be identified.
> Load input maps and get start points...
> Set edge points...
> A* Search...
> Extract streams...
> Thin stream segments...
> Write raster maps
> Reading maps...
> Calculate basins using coordinates...
> LuLitarroni61_dem_basin Done!
> Delineation of basin done
> Rename raster <tmp> to <LuLitarroni61_dem_accumulation>
> Rename raster <tmp> to <LuLitarroni61_dem_drainage>
> Rename raster <tmp> to <LuLitarroni61_dem_drainage_e>
> Rename raster <tmp> to <LuLitarroni61_dem_stream_e>
> File LuLitarroni61_dem_stream_e -- 2426 rows X 3003 columns
> ERROR: (null): Unable to find bounding box for lines
> ERROR: Raster map <LuLitarroni61_dem_stream_e_thin> not found
> Aspect raster map <LuLitarroni61_dem_aspect> complete
> Slope raster map <LuLitarroni61_dem_slope> complete
> Extracting areas...
> Building topology for vector map <LuLitarroni61_dem_basin>...
> Registering primitives...
> 37 primitives registered
> 189 vertices registered
> Building areas...
> 13 areas built
> 1 isles built
> Attaching islands...
> Attaching centroids...
> Number of nodes: 25
> Number of primitives: 37
> Number of points: 0
> Number of lines: 0
> Number of boundaries: 24
> Number of centroids: 13
> Number of areas: 13
> Number of isles: 1
> r.to.vect complete.
> Reading areas...
> Updating database...
> 1 categories read from vector map (layer 1)
> 1 records selected from table (layer 1)
> 1 categories read from vector map exist in selection from table
> 1 records updated/inserted (layer 1)
> Reading areas...
> 1 categories read from vector map (layer 1)
> 0 records updated/inserted (layer 1)
> Reading areas...
> Updating database...
> 1 categories read from vector map (layer 1)
> 1 records selected from table (layer 1)
> 1 categories read from vector map exist in selection from table
> 1 records updated/inserted (layer 1)
> Reading areas...
> [...]

Margherita DI LEO
Postdoctoral Researcher

European Commission - DG JRC
Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES). Unit H03 – FRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.