[GRASS-user] 6.4.x or 7 and the neteler mitasova book

Jason Paul Joines jason at joines.org
Thu Jan 31 07:54:02 PST 2013

    I'm a Linux user and need to really brush up on my GIS as I'll
probably be using it heavily for the next five years as part of a new
job.  I'm trying to decide which version of GRASS to get started with again.

    Version 7 is tempting since a first release is do soon and I could
probably keep using the 7.x series for many years.  Is it missing much
functionality at this point?

    I have a copy of the third edition of the GRASS book by /Markus
Neteler, Helena Mitasova./  It was written for a much earlier version of
GRASS 6 than the 6.4.x series.  Will this book be at all useful in
learning 6.4.x or 7?  Does anyone know if there are plans for a new
edition aimed at GRASS 7?

Jason