[GRASS-user] Clarifying addon path(s) with multiple GRASS versions installed

RichardC richtcooper at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 1 20:21:52 PDT 2013

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help clarify how to best specify the GRASS
addons path for a system with two GRASS versions installed. Can I set a
single path for both systems (e.g., /home/user/.grass6/addons) or do I need
two sets of addons - one for each GRASS version?

In my system I have:

1. GRASS 6.4.3 RC3 installed system-wide (installed via the Synaptic package
manager) on a Linux Mint 13 (Ubuntu Precise). The grass addons are specified
in /etc/bash.bashrc as follows:

GRASS_ADDON_PATH=/home/user/.grass6/addons
export GRASS_ADDON_PATH

2. GRASS7 installed in the home directory.
How should I specify the addons path for this version - or simply use the
same as 6.4.3?

Thanks for your advice. I'm using two systems as I'd like to make use of
extensions/addons that are available in GRASS7 but not in 6.4.

Thanks,
Richard