[GRASS-user] r.in.wms2: should this work on GRASS 6.4.3RC3?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 1 23:37:57 PDT 2013

> Richard:

>>  Unfortunately I cannot get it to work. For example, attempting
>>  to connect to the following URL gives the following error on
>>  attempting to connect:
>>
>>  http://neowms.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/wms/wms?
>>
>>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File
>>  "/usr/lib/grass64/etc/wxpython/modules/ogc_services.py",
>>  line 196, in OnConnect
>>
>>  if 'style' not in layers[lastLayer]:
>>  KeyError
>>  :
>>  ''
> that's an error in the 6.4 wxGUI front-end. Can you try to build
> the latest 6.4.3svn from source and see if it still breaks?
> (the old version did not gracefully handle the `xml2` parser
> program being missing, but now it tells you about it in an error
> message instead of failing with the traceback)

I believe the above error is from a missing `xml2`, but there is
another trouble with the module after that, that WMS server returns
subsection Titles (e.g. "the next 4 layers are about ozone, and
some explanation about what it is"), which is confusing the
ogc_services.py parser which expects only Titles subordinate to
and following Layers. Even after testing to see if the layer is
set it still gets out of order as the subsection Title overwrites
the layer's title before the next Layer is created.

I'll open a bug for that.

But the r.in.wms script from the command line should still work.

Hamish