[GRASS-user] r.in.wms2: should this work on GRASS 6.4.3RC3?

RichardC richtcooper at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 2 00:48:22 PDT 2013

I installed xml2 and can now partially run r.in.wms from the Command console,
but it appears to get stuck calculating tiles:

r.in.wms output=MOD_LSTD_CLIM_E
mapserver=http://neowms.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/wms/wms? layers=MOD_LSTD_CLIM_E
format=geotiff maxcols=1024 maxrows=1024 method=nearest
Calculating tiles

I can see a  0 byte file in the LOCATION's .tmp directory.

In GRASS7 I can download the capabilities document, but not any layer,
running from GRASS' Command console in the Layer Manager.

This outputs the capability document: r.in.wms -c
url=http://neowms.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/wms/wms?

The following gives an error:

r.in.wms url=http://neowms.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/wms/wms? layers=MOD_LSTD_CLIM_E
output=MOD_LSTD_CLIM_E