[GRASS-user] dbase driver in grass7

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 23:17:15 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Levente Juhász <jlevente89 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.
> db.connect would do what I want, but I think my issue is a bit more tricky.
> Actually, I use GRASS7 as a backend for some WPS processes, and as it seems
> to me: every WPS process creates a temporary workspace. I may be able to run
> v.db.connect via WPS, but it would have effect on a vector map (which is
> also temporary), so it has nothing to do with the next process I want to
> execute.
> The reason I wish to use dbf driver instead of SQLite is the following:
> There's a package called Geo-MHYDAS, which had a module m.definput [1]. This
> module gives the error message: ERROR: Sorry, but only dbf driver accepted.
> So that is why I want to find an "universal" solution.
> Any thoughts?

Yes:

db.connect driver=dbf database='$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/'

which sets the default database connection to dbf. Note the difference
between db.connect and v.db.connect. In your case, you would need to
run db.connect immediately after the mapset is created, before any
vector data are imported in the temporary mapset.

HTH,

Markus M