[GRASS-user] empty values from v.what.vect

manuel.martin manuel.martin at orleans.inra.fr
Thu Jul 4 01:21:52 PDT 2013

Dear all,
i am using the d.what.vect function in order to update the "smu" field
of the attribute table of a vector map named "rmqs_to_million", from the
values of the field "SMU" of the third layer (attribute table) of a
vector map called "million".

The type of both the smu and the SMU fieds is integer

here is the piece of code :

v.what.vect vector=rmqs_to_million column=smu qlayer=3 qvect=million
qcolumn=SMU dmax=1000

The output looks ok :
GRASS 6.4.3RC3 (lambertWgs84):~/dev > v.what.vect vector=rmqs_to_million
column=smu qlayer=3 \
 > qvect=million qcolumn=SMU dmax=1000
  100%
  100%
  100%
2193 categories with more than 1 feature in vector map <rmqs_to_million>
2193 categories read from the map
2193 categories exist in the table
2193 categories read from the map exist in the table
2193 records updated
v.distance complete.

But when I look at the rmqs_to_million attribute table, the smu field is
empty.
-> This does not depends on the value used for dmax
-> This does not depends on the field (assuming it of of type integer) I
use from the 3rd layer of the million map
-> This does not depends on the qlayer which the field used for updating
belongs to

I tried to do the same with a vector map having only one attribute table
(layer), and this time, I was successful.

Thus I wonder if there is not a problem with the d.what.vect function
when vector maps with multiple layers are used for updating a field of
the attribute table of another map?

I had this problem with both grass6.4 and 7 under Ubuntu 12.04.

Cheers,         Manuel

--

INRA - InfoSol