[GRASS-user] Delete line segments smaller than threshold

Jon Sundquist grass at sundquist.imapmail.org
Sun Jul 7 18:17:07 PDT 2013

I know I've done this before, but I can't for the life of me find the
functionality again.

I am trying to manage some contours generated from LIDAR.  Even with
using just last returns I have lots of spurious contours.  Before, I
was able to delete segments shorter than a given length threshold.  But
I can't remember how.  v.edit allows removal *areas* smaller than
certain sizes, and it also removes "dangles" but not just regular line
segments?

Any help?

Semi-related: LIDAR data from Erie County, NY used to be available for
download as bare earth, and even you could specify a contour interval
and download that as a shapefile.  Can't for the life of me find that
either!

I think the bare-earth are now in the 1/3 arcsecond NED DEM,
downloading that now over my slow DSL; will take a look.  Maybe not so
many spurious contours if I generate them from 1/3 arcsecond sized
data, but we will see.

Thanks.