[GRASS-user] Any Gentoo/Funtoo grass-gis users?

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Mon Jul 29 05:44:14 PDT 2013

On Sunday 07 of July 2013 12:08:43 Sylvain Maillard wrote:
..
> I join a small script I wrote to get an automated update. You just need to
> install all dependencies, uncomment the first line for the first launch +
> to make a new '/opt/grass7' directory ... it's basically just a collection
> of commands for the standard compilation procedure and is not system
> dependant ...

Hi Sylvain!

Returning on this:  if you install grass after compilation (as it is
instructed in the script you attached), how do you remove later grass?  Is it
safe to do so?  In Ubuntu it always took to search manually and remove all the
relevant bits.

I am hesitant to install and have a future plan to study ebuilds to do it the
right way.  In case you have a nice working solution, would you mind sharing
it as well?

Thanks a lot, Nikos