[GRASS-user] qgis-plugin-grass 1.8.0~precise1 does not work with grass 6.4.3

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 3 22:34:03 PDT 2013

Patrick wrote:
> Just to mention we have a trouble
> with the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS precise repositories.

I take it you mean 12.04/Precise, and the UbuntuGIS repository
not the main Ubuntu one. (or do you mean the "GRASS Team"
repository on Launchpad?)

> Updates deliver grass 6.4.3 rc2-2~precise but qgis-plugin-grass
> 1.8.0~precise1 requires grass grass641.

if your GRASS packages are after-market from UbuntuGIS, please
request on the UbuntuGIS mailing list for them to trigger a
rebuild of the QGIS packages to sync with the current version of
the GRASS package they ship.

mixing and matching 3rd party repositories which supply
overlapping packages is not recommended, since you get exactly
this sort of inter-depdendency problem.

> I do not know how to manage with that. Is it technically
> difficult to compile qgis-plugin-grass 1.8.0~precise1 so
> that it can adapt to grass 6.4.3 rc2-2~precise ?

what version of QGIS are you using? technically it is not hard
to rebuild the packages by yourself, but figuring out the few
small but important commands you need to issue can be a bit of
a learning curve the first time. In this case others will be
having the same trouble, so best to fix it generally in the
UbuntuGIS repositories I think. (if that's where the trouble is)

Hamish