[GRASS-user] r.hazard.flood: ERROR_G_malloc: r_accumulation

RichardC richtcooper at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 10 06:54:42 PDT 2013

Hi,

Maybe some one could kindly advise what I'm doing wrong here.

Previously I successfully used r.hazard.flood to generate flood and mti
layers. However, now I'm encountering the following error with two other
different DEM layers. The error appears to be related to memory, but there
is plenty of RAM free (6GB) and I still get the error with a DEM subset of
only 5MB in size. Also, I'm able to repeat the r.hazard.flood process
successfully using the first DEM I tried, so it would seem to be related to
the DEMs?

I've set g.region - selecting the raster file to be used with r.hazard.flood
and resolution (in meters).

Thanks for your suggestions,

Richard

r.hazard.flood.py map=ASTGTM_composite_all_de at PERMANENT
flood=ASTGTM_composite_all_delta_flood mti=ASTGTM_composite_all_delta_mti
Cellsize : 30.0
SECTION 1a (of 4): Initiating Memory.
Current region rows: 17981, cols: 11271
ERROR: G_malloc: unable to allocate 811437852 bytes of memory at
init_vars.c:136
WARNING: Subprocess failed with exit code 256
WARNING: category information for [r_accumulation] in [PERMANENT] missing or
invalid
Flow accumulation done.
Slope raster map <r_slope> complete
Slope map done.
Exponent : 0.076488432313
MTI threshold : 3.11495902789
Calculating mti raster map..
Invalid map <r_accumulation>
Parse error
ERROR: An error occurred while running r.mapcalc