[GRASS-user] help with testing the location wizard for the upcoming release

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 15 05:18:32 PDT 2013

Nikos wrote:
> Below, maybe not exactly something that helps the testing
> process... but, anyway here it goes:

everything helps :)

> I guess it is not possible to follow the good old text-
> based way in building a custom coordinate system.

So I guess you are missing the ability to set the datum
transform terms? (+towgs84=)

-> "Select coord sys parms from a list"
-> tmerc
-> enter coeff's
-> ellipsoid only
-> grs80
-> summary: +towgs84=0.0,0.0,0.0  :-(

> All is ok using the correct epsg code (e.g. 2100).
> However, what about replicating the above process
> with the new Wizard?

epsg gives +datum=GGRS87, but that is not known to 'proj -ld'
or GRASS's datum.table and datumtransform.table AFAICS.
?

so the first thing to do is add it to datum*.table, then
make the location wizard aware of datumtransform.table, and
also have the location wizard have an option to prompt for
custom datum transform terms.

thanks,
Hamish