[GRASS-user] r.surf.nnbathy with GRASS 7?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 02:06:55 PDT 2013

Ivan:

Adam wrote:
>>> Is r.surf.nnbathy compatible with GRASS 7.0?

Hamish:

>>I don't think there is a newer version, but there's
>>a good chance that the GRASS 6 one still works. Give
>>it a try and let us know!

Adam:
> Thanks.  It is working.

Hamish:

>> In general cloned code is to be avoided, and svn
>> supports symlinking, so a possible solution for
>> known working addons (scripts) is to symlink in
>> the parent directory. Hopefully the build system
>> is not too grumpy about mixed python and shell
>> scripts. If it is we should come up with a solution
>> to fix that.

I've just added a new r.surf.nnbathy dir in the grass7/raster addons, with symlinks back to the grass6 dir. I had to do each file individually instead of jus the dir since description.html needs to be renamed to [g.module].html. Svn stores it as a "link" file internally, and I believe a checkout on Windows will make a full copy of the files since there are no symlinks there.

if it works it will be a nice temporary solution to avoid the extra maintenance overhead and divergence.

Hamish