[GRASS-user] HydroFlow: Stream order soleley based on shape files/vectors

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 04:52:43 PDT 2013

Hi,

I found following interesting Brasilian program called HydroFlow:
http://www.fgel.uerj.br/labgis/hydroflow/en/downloads_ingles.html

This tools calculates the Stream order (e.g. Strahler, Shreve)
based on a shapefile input of the river network and a shapefile that defines
the border (catchment?). If I am informed correctly such a tool that does
not require any form of a DEM (or accumulation map etc.) is not existing for
GRASS yet.

There are just two questions that appeared to me:

1) Has anyone installed and tried the programm already in Ubuntu/Linux?

2) The tool is licensed as open source. So, could such a algorithm also be
implemented as
a add-on to GRASS? I am not sure but I can imagine that this might be of
interest also to
other GRASS users!?

/johannes