[GRASS-user] error while loading shared libraries

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 03:42:34 PDT 2013

Richard wrote:

> Resolved by completely uninstalling and reinstalling (via Synaptic
> Package manager) and then re-installing the addon.

It is expected that when you install a new version of GRASS you'll
have to rebuild any self-compiled addons modules written in C or C++.
Bash and Python scripts should be ok, it's only the internal API/ABI
which is not guaranteed. (change frequency seems to be once per 6
months or year in the stable branch; currently it's stable since Feb 2012)

You'll find a g.extension.rebuild.all.py menu item if you are using
the wxGUI extension manager. If running from the command line I think
just rerunning g.extension to remove then reinstall the module is enough.

regards,
Hamish