[GRASS-user] Which ELGIS repository for SL6 on installing "wx" components

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 11:44:06 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 8:18 PM, Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org> wrote:
>> BTW, I am not using ELGIS at all for my SL6 installations.
>
> Why not ?

Because the packages are too old for my requirements as a GRASS
developer. I am for example using proj-4.8.0, gdal-1.10.0, geos-3.3.8
with GRASS 7 and like the combination of a solid operating system with
recent packages where I want recent packages.

For production work, ELGIS seems fine with the exception of GRASS
which IMHO should be upgraded to the latest stable release 6.4.2.

Markus M