[GRASS-user] Apply "v.transform" in polygons with overlays

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Mar 3 02:52:57 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM, John Mcgillicuddy <jkmcgil at mchsi.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am a member of a group of farmers and agribusinesses that would like to explore using grass or other open  source gis as a replacement for the commercial ag gis platforms out there.   Most of the desktop software is not being updated and the new systems are web based.  These require us to allow sensitive data to leave our control.  We are located around the Midwest but concentrated in eastern iowa.  We would like to find some talented developers to help us explore/develop this (on a paid basis).

There is a very incomplete Wiki page:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Support
* Commercial support: Freelancers who offer GRASS Support
* Commercial support: Companies and Institutions which offer GRASS Support

> Is grass fairly adaptable?

Definitely yes. See also
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Software_requirements_specification

Markus