[GRASS-user] preserving original resolution with r.in.gdal

Jitendra Kumar jitendra.ncsu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 09:08:48 PST 2013

Hello GRASS-Users:

While importing a raster map using "r.in.gdal" it uses the resolution of
the current region for the resulting raster map. Is there a way to preserve
the original resolution of the raster while importing it in irrespective of
the settings of the current region.

I can check the resolution of the raster to be imported using "gdalinfo",
set my current region appropriately and then import it using "r.in.gdal".
But I was wondering if there's a easier way to tell the import routine to
preserve the original resolution. Same question applies while reprojecting
a raster using "r.proj".

Would appreciate any tips.

Thanks,
Jitu