[GRASS-user] r.resamp.rst error : "Not enough disk space--cannot write files"

bidon sanshuile piano_bo at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 10 11:41:21 PDT 2013

> Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 16:28:49 +0100
> Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] r.resamp.rst error : "Not enough disk space--cannot write files"
> From: markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
> To: piano_bo at hotmail.com
> CC: grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
>
> On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM, bidon sanshuile <piano_bo at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm in an internship for a marine institute and try to calculate the
> > sandwaves migration rate.
> > Everything was ok until today. I am confronted to a difficulty I cannot
> > manage.
> >
> > When I try to use the tool "r.resamp.rst", it gives me as answer:
> >
> > r.resamp.rst input=map at PERMANENT ew_res=11 ns_res=11 pcurv=curv
> > Processing all selected output files will require
>
> Note that this message:
> > 261320 bytes of disk space for temp files.
>
> is bogus for large regions with fine resolution because of integer
> overflow (fixed in trunk).
>
> How many cells are in your current region with resolution=11?

Thank you for your answers!

Here are the characteristics of the raster:
 |   Rows:         3062                                                       |
 |   Columns:      2587                                                       |
 |   Total Cells:  7921394

I don't know how many of these have a resolution of 11.. I am following a step by step manual where they advise to set ew_res at this value.

>> What filesystem? FAT32 cannot support files larger than 4 GiB; NTFS shouldn't have any problems.

My two hard discs are NTFS