[GRASS-user] i.landsat.toar problem: Failed to identify satellite

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 10:32:05 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I'm new to GRASS GIS, but have generally been successful in what I'm trying
to do. One problem I've come upon is using a metadata file for the
i.landsat.toar command. For one particular set of imagery I am working
with, I get an error: "ERROR: Failed to identify satellite"

My immediate solution for now was to take metadata that was formatted a bit
differently from an image that I downloaded a while back, and replace
appropriate fields. But, as I download new Landsat images, that is
cumbersome...

I am working on GRASS 6.4.3RC2, which I just downloaded from the main
website in the last couple of weeks. I saw this e-mail thread, which makes
it seem like this problem should have been solved:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2012-December/066558.html
Do I need to somehow install the new version of the i.landsat.toar command?

My computer is running Windows 7 64bit.

On a side-note, I haven't been able to install any add-on modules. I've
tried, using the GUI, and below is what happens.
 g.extension.py extension=i.landsat.trim svnurl=
http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass6
Downloading precompiled GRASS Addons <i.landsat.trim>...
ERROR: GRASS Addons <i.landsat.trim> not found

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you!

Sincerely,
Mike