[GRASS-user] A problem using v.net.distance

דור פרידמן dof1985 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 07:29:58 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I'm trying to use v.net distance as follows:

I use 3 maps (2 point vectors for locations and 1 polyline vector for
roads).
I used v.net twice to connect points to the network as follows: *
v.net input=myroads points=fillsite output=myroads_net1 operation=connect
thresh=6000 alayer=1 nlayer=2
**v.net input=myroads_net1 points=set1 output=myroads_net2
operation=connect thresh=6000 alayer=1 nlayer=2

*Than I have added a column to myroads_net2 named cost (double precision)
and updated it with the value 1, since I wanted all the roads to have the
same scale.
Than I was using v.net.distance as follows:
*v.net.distance input=myroads_net2 output=test1 afcolumn=cost from_layer=2
to_layer=3

*In the manual it is written that a table will be created and linked to the
output map (test1) and will contain the from and to category and the
distance. The problem is that it doesn't happen: there are no geometrics
displayed by *test1* and no tables attached to it. When I've tried to view
the attribute tables it has printed that I've to connect it to the database
by manage tables.

What can be the problem and how can I fix it?

Best,

Dor