[GRASS-user] r.sim.water (compiling) issue

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Mar 28 01:55:54 PDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Levente Juhász <jlevente89 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am Levente from Hungary and i want to use GRASS GIS for a project. I'm
> working on a website that can do a hydrological modeling task via WPS
> protocol. I started to develop it in a windows environment but the module i
> want to use (r.sim.water) had some issues on WinGrass. I've recently changed
> my system to ubuntu 12.10. Altough I'm not dealing with linux and GRASS GIS
> for a long time I understands the basics of them.
> I have downloaded and compiled a GRASS70 svn from ubuntugis

Please, as Rashad suggests, get source code from the GRASS Server itself:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/DownloadSource#GRASS7

> GRASS GIS compilation log
> -------------------------
> Started compilation: 2013. márc. 27., szerda, 01.00.29 CET
> --
> Errors in:
> /home/pepszi/grass70.7.0.orig/raster/simwe/r.sim.water
> /home/pepszi/grass70.7.0.orig/raster/simwe/r.sim.sediment
> --
> In case of errors please change into the directory with error and run
> 'make'.

Please try as suggested:

cd /home/pepszi/grass70.7.0.orig/raster/simwe/r.sim.water
make

and
cd /home/pepszi/grass70.7.0.orig/raster/simwe/r.sim.sediment
make

to see the errors.

> Unable to fetch interface description for command
> 'r.sim.water'.
> Details: r.sim.water: error while loading shared libraries:
> libgrass_sim.7.0.svn.so: cannot map zero-fill pages: Cannot
> allocate memory

Please post the result of

g.region -p

> p.s.: I checked the stable Grass 6.4.2. which comes from the ubuntu software
> center and it produces similar issues. Is it an issue which has something to
> do with my system? What should I do?

Please also post
uname -a

Markus