[GRASS-user] r.sim.water (compiling) issue

Levente Juhász jlevente89 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 23:06:01 PDT 2013

Thanks guys for the tips.
I've got to change my system back to ubuntu 12.04 so I'm not able to post
the outputs you asked for. I downloaded the latest source code from
svn.osgeo.org and compiled it. Now r.sim.water works as expected.

Yesterday I was trying to make it work for a while and I found this out:
when other processes used lots of memory (10+ chrome tabs, mozilla, etc),
the "libgrass_sim.7.0.svn.so: cannot map zero-fill pages: Cannot allocate
memory" error came out while i was trying to call "r.sim.water". After
closing most of the processes, r.sim.water could open.
I'm not really an expert, but it seems like it has something to do with
memory handling...

Thanks again for trying to help, everything works well now.