[GRASS-user] Georectify problems in wxGui & gis.m

Nom DePlume mail at nomdeplume.name
Thu Mar 28 14:48:12 PDT 2013

Hi Folks

1)      Can anybody tell me how to get the Georectify module working in any
of the guis at all please? Does it still work at all?? Would much prefer
wxGui.

I have tried using the wxGUI, and followed through the wizard, but when I
click on the 'Finish' button, nothing happens on the screen, but in the
Command Console I get a C++ error assertion message telling me I probably
want to use a combo box?! (please see attached file). Is this module broken,
and any plans to repair? Or is it me..

I have also tried to use the old gis.m gui, and that doesn't seem to work
anymore either. Oddly, for this version I only need to specify the map I
want to rectify and not the map that already has coordinates, so I presume I
use what I have already displayed in the map window before starting the
wizard. This time, I do get the map I want to georectify displayed, and can
click on it to select a GCP which enters the coordinates into the Manage
GCPs dialog. However, when I click on the pointer icon in the map display
window (which I understand I need to do to set my GCPs there), I do not get
a cross-hairs cursor, and no matter where I click I cannot get any
coordinates transferred from the map display window, into the Manage GCPs
dialog.

The error message I get as a pop-up in gis.m when I try to click with the
pointer in the map display window to reference my map that has coordinates
is:

  Application error

  Error: can't read "b1coords": No such variable

I've seen the post of some poor soul having the same georeferencing problems
on a Mac, who was told to use the command line version, having been advised
that 'I never find the gui version works very well'. This seems to be a
common response on these threads. Someone(s) has spent a lot of time and
effort creating these gui interfaces, and I would like to use them as a
quick way to learn the program and image processing, rather than getting
bogged down in the details of scripting just now. These features must
originally have worked, as there are many posts on georeferencing.

I am much puzzled how other of your users are reporting more advanced
problems, as I can't even get started  with Georectify in either wxGui or
gis.m!!

2)      Also, how do I get only posts related to my queries sent to my
mailbox, rather than all of everybody else's, as I am getting swamped by
your postings. I would be interested in other folks', but would prefer to
read through the list on the forum at leisure. Can we have one list to
search back through, rather than selections a month at a time please (Grass
has been going for quite a few months, so many months to search back
through..)

Much thanks

  Brolly.