[GRASS-user] [GRASS-dev] wxGUI toolboxes

Anna Kratochvílová kratochanna at gmail.com
Thu May 2 07:40:21 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Sören Gebbert
<soerengebbert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Anna,
>

> 2013/5/2 Anna Kratochvílová <kratochanna at gmail.com>
>>
>> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Sören Gebbert
>> <soerengebbert at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > this is really great, many thanks! I am looking forward to add a
>> > temporal
>> > modules menu layout.
>>
>> I was about to suggest adding temporal framework to the toolboxes so
>> that it can be optionally added to menu. Will you try it? The needed
>> information should be in the programming manual. Or I can create the
>> toolbox and you can improve it later. The main work beside creating
>> the structure is to add menu labels.
>

> That is nice, i would like to improve it later. :)

Sure, try r56081. Copy gui/wxpython/xml/main_menu.xml to
$HOME/.grass7/toolboxes/main_menu.xml
 and add line:

<subtoolbox name="Temporal"/>

to appropriate place.

Now start gui and you should see it in menu.

I am sure you'll have to adjust the menu (structure, labels), it's in
file gui/wxpython/xml/toolboxes.xml. There are problems how to make
the labels not so long, so I use 'raster dataset' instead of 'space
time raster dataset' and so on. Also I am not sure about naming
raster3D x volume.

Best,

Anna