[GRASS-user] OT: Tips for installing grass in archlinux

Ahmadou dicko.ahmadou at gmail.com
Thu May 9 03:25:56 PDT 2013

Not sure if my approach is better but they are basically the same but I don't use virtualenv.

I first symlinked python2 and python2-config into $HOME/usr/bin as python and python-config.

Then to build GRASS, I do :
export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/usr/bin
./configure
make
make install

In a final step I created a launcher in bash named "grass"
#!/bin/bash
export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/usr/bin
python2 /usr/local/bin/grass70

To use GRASS7 I just type "grass"