[GRASS-user] ERROR: Bytes do not match file size with r.in.bin (but file size is correct!!)

Ludovico Nicotina Ludovico.Nicotina at rms.com
Thu May 9 06:55:29 PDT 2013

Hi and thank you both,

In my case the problem is not the fortran record markers, indeed the files are exactly the size they are supposed to be. Additionally I have doublechecked and found out that I'm actually running GRASS 6.4.2 so I'm wondering if the large file support is something that is embedded in that distribution or if it should have been explicitly included at installation time. Do you know if there is a way to check that and/or if it's possible to add that without repeating the entire installation?

Thanks again,

PS. Hamish I will probably switch to 6.4.3rc3 anyway, would this solve the problem automatically in your opinion?