[GRASS-user] RE : RE : Merge polygone with same attribut of a shapefile

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Thu May 16 08:37:01 PDT 2013

Sorry, I ignore how v.rast.stats works. If it preliminary turns vector
input map into a raster, there is good chance it performs it on the cat
value (so you may even not need to run a loop to discriminate individual
regions). Skimming through the manual page, it looks like stats are
performed on the basis of cats, adding columns to your table if they
don't yet exist. Other people on the list will probably give you much
better advice on this point. Perhaps you can try out things on a test
map.

Good luck,
Vincent.