[GRASS-user] grass vector model, cats and layers concept

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri May 17 04:52:09 PDT 2013

On Thursday 16 of May 2013 21:55:25 Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Nikos Alexandris
>
> <nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:
> > Vincent Bain wrote:
> >> Hi dear GRASS users,
> >> I resume this pretty old topic with a brief new section to the Wiki :
> >>
> >> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Vector_Database_Management#Grass_vector_m
> >> ana gement_model
> >>
> >> I did only add the section named "GRASS GIS vector management model"
> >> without modifying anything to the rest of the page (you'll probably
> >> notice some inconstancies)
> >
> > I just read this thread now -- Nice work!
>
> Yes, excellent. I wonder how it could be included in the programmer's
> manual (http://grass.osgeo.org/programming7/vectorlib.html) as well as
> the user manual
> (http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/vectorintro.html and
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass70/manuals/vectorintro.html).
>
> Esp. the latter would help the offline users since the intro comes
> with the manual.
>
> Ideas? Copy-paste or reduced with pointer to the Wiki page?
>
> Markus

Also, there is a single reference on (how to create a new?) vector attribute
table layer(s) in the "Intro: "Using v.db.connect connections between layers
and attribute tables can be listed or maintained.".

Maybe we can add in the manual of "v.db.connect" the word "layer" as a Keyword
and an example on how to create/connect to a *new* (empty) layer?