[GRASS-user] GRASS7 temporal GIS database questions

Rainer M. Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Wed May 22 06:21:35 PDT 2013

Hi

I am doing spatio-temporal simulations with R and GRASS and IO am
thinking about using a temporal GIS database to store the resulting
raster layers in.

But I have a few questions about the temporal GIS database:

1) If I register a raster map in a temporal GIS database via r.register,
can I delete the original raster map and the info is stored in the
temporal GIS database?

2) If 1) is possible, can I extract the raster layer again from the
temporal GIS database?

3) Summarizing: Is the temporal GIS database a good archiving place for
the layers I create during the simulation?

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug