[GRASS-user] g.extension and spotty access to svn.osgeo.org

Brian Miles selimnairb at gmail.com
Wed May 22 12:56:47 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to use g.extension to install some add-ons (one of which I recently contributed), but the download fails at some times/on some machines.  Just today, I was able to download a particular extension on my Mac, but not on my Linux machine, though bother machines are on the same network.  Yesterday, I was unable to download the same extension on my Mac.  Here is a typical error:

> GRASS 6.4.2 (default):~ > g.extension -u extension=r.findtheriver
>
> Fetching <r.findtheriver> from GRASS-Addons SVN (be patient)...
> svn: OPTIONS of 'http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass6/raster/r.findtheriver': could not connect to server (http://svn.osgeo.org)
> ERROR: GRASS Add-on r.findtheriver not found in repository or no network
>        connection or another problem
> GRASS 6.4.2 (default):~ >

I also frequently experience long delays loading the GRASS homepage (http://grass.osgeo.org) in a web browser.

Has anyone else experienced network connectivity problems to machines on the osgeo.org domain?

Thanks,

Brian