[GRASS-user] How to implement 2D lookup table?

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Thu May 23 07:47:28 PDT 2013

> Not at all this sounds interesting. But could you give some more details
> on how I could do this? and what do you mean by "calling LUT[i,j]"?

Rainer,
I fear my solution is hopeless.
I first reminded in r.mapcalc algebra, one could point at a particular
(row,col) position within a raster. But I was wrong. The bracketed
notation is intended to be a so-called "neighborhood modifier" relative
to a given cell : e.g. map[-2,-1] refers to the cell two rows above and
one column to the left of the current cell (within a single map or
across multiple maps).

In a nutshell: it was a stupid proposal!

Bye,
Vincent.