[GRASS-user] help with testing the location wizard for the upcoming release

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon May 27 02:37:35 PDT 2013

>since there are so many projections and datums and ways to
>select them, it's pretty hard to test for "working/not working"
>as we usally could do. Please try throwing your local odd-ball
>CRS at it and see what happens. (check all the way through to
>'g.proj -p' and 'g.proj -j' in the final location session. make
>sure it does what you'd expect it to do.

testgkat28.prj

PROJCS["MGI_Ferro_M28",
GEOGCS["GCS_MGI_Ferro",
DATUM["D_MGI",
SPHEROID["Bessel_1841",6377397.155,299.1528128]],
PRIMEM["Ferro",-17.66666666666667],
UNIT["Degree",0.0174532925199433]],
PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],
PARAMETER["False_Easting",150000.0],
PARAMETER["False_Northing",0.0],
PARAMETER["Central_Meridian",28.0],
PARAMETER["Scale_Factor",1.0],
PARAMETER["Latitude_Of_Origin",0.0],
UNIT["Meter",1.0]]

GRASS version: 6.4.3svn
GRASS SVN Revision: 56413
GIS Library Revision: 50937 (2012-02-25)
GDAL/OGR: 1.9.2
PROJ4: Rel. 4.8.0, 6 March 2012
Python: 2.7.4
wxPython: 2.8.12.1
Platform: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 (OSGeo4W)

Select WKT or PRJ file

g.region -p
projection: 99 (Transverse Mercator)
zone:       0
datum:      hermannskogel
ellipsoid:  bessel
north:      1
south:      0
west:       0
east:       1
nsres:      1
ewres:      1
rows:       1
cols:       1
cells:      1

g.proj -p
-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : Transverse Mercator
proj       : tmerc
datum      : hermannskogel
ellps      : bessel
lat_0      : 0
lon_0      : 28
k          : 1
x_0        : 150000
y_0        : 0
pm         : ferro
no_defs    : defined
-PROJ_UNITS------------------------------------------------
unit       : Meter
units      : Meters
meters     : 1

g.proj -j
+proj=tmerc
+lat_0=0
+lon_0=28
+k=1
+x_0=150000
+y_0=0
+pm=ferro
+no_defs
+a=6377397.155
+rf=299.1528128
+towgs84=653.000,-212.000,449.000
+to_meter=1

no asking which transformation should be used.

"Used in whole hermannskogel region: towwgs84=653.000,-212.000,449.000" is
preselected, but not the best e.g. if location used for Austria.

-----
best regards
Helmut